By: Michelle, Amani, and Fiona.
This week there’s another wide mix of genres in our list. We hope you enjoy the playlist.
This first song on our list was chosen by two of us, Michelle and Amani, because we like it that much. Robbers by The 1975 is a song we can’t wait to hear live this Thursday at their concert in the 3 Arena. The way this song was produced, the lyrics, and the melody, all come together to make it an amazing song. It’s one of those songs that holds a lot of memories and so it was bound to make it into our playlist one of these weeks. It’s not a new song of theirs but it’s still one of our favorites. The music video for the song is also perfect.
- ZAYN: PILLOWTALK. There’s nothing particularly special about this song, it’s your typical pop song, but catchier. It’s been stuck in my head pretty much all week, hence, why it’s part of this playlist.
- Alessia Cara: Here. Alessia Cara released her debut album on March 11th, and this is a stand out tune from the album. The rest of the album is mediocre but this song is worth a listen.
- Lapsley: Hurt Me. This song is off Lapsley’s new album ‘Long Way Home’. It has her distinct sound that we heard on her previous EP but you can tell her sound has matured. This song is one of my favorites of hers.
- Arrange (With Ricky Eat Acid): Alumni. This one is a throwback, released in 2014 on his album ‘Their Bodies in a Fog’, this song encompasses all that Arrange is; chill out vibes, and droney (in a good way) vocals. If you like this song you’ll like the rest of his stuff.
- R.Kelly: Ignition (remix). Anytime I’m planning on going out for a boogy, this is on my playlist. There’s no better song to get me in the mood for going out, it’s the perfect amount of cheese to get you in a good mood.
- Wyvern Lingo: Beast at the Door. Obsessed with Wyvern Lingo’s new EP and this is definitely my favourite song on it.
- Dropkick Murphy’s: Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya. Anyone else still have this stuck in their head since Paddy’s Day?
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis ft. Leon Bridges: Kevin. Macklemore’s rapping and Leon Bridges’ soulful voice really complement each other perfectly in this incredible song with a powerful message.
- Brian Fallon: Painkillers. The Gaslight Anthem’s Brian Fallon is back with his debut solo album and, just as I expected, it’s incredible.
- The Lumineers: I don’t wanna go. I like this song because it has a very chilled, relaxed vibe and in particular the vocals are quite soothing.
- Birdy: Shelter. This one is a haunting love song; the combination of Birdy’s unique, unusual voice and the supporting piano makes this one of my favourite songs.
- Arctic Monkeys: Knee Socks. In my opinion, the best song on their latest album.
- P!nk: Just Like a Pill. I’ve been feeling nostalgic this week, P!nk was my favourite artist growing up and this song won’t get old for me.
- Twenty One Pilots: Stressed Out. I’ll probably hate this song in a week’s time, but for now it’s one that I can’t get out of my head… Enjoy
You can listen to the playlist on Spotify here.