As a weekly piece on our blog we’ll be posting a short playlist of songs that we’re listening to at the moment. There’s no set genre for the playlist so it may vary from cheesy pop to classic rock or anything in between. The link to the Spotify playlist is at the bottom of the page. We hope you enjoy!
- The first song unfortunately isn’t on Spotify as it’s a BBC Radio 1 cover. The cover of Robyn’s song “Dancing on my own” by Kings of Leon is one of the best covers I’ve heard, and the guitar solos are just too good. Here’s the video for you to see for yourself:
- Anthony and the Johnsons: Hope There’s Someone. This is an oldie from 2005 that was brought back into our heads by a moving performance on the British Voice recently by Chloe Castro and Alaric Green.
- Stereophonics: I wanna get lost with you. A ‘dance around your room’ combination of rock and pop.
- Hozier: To be Alone. Do you really need a reason to listen to Hozier?
- The 1975: I’ll pretty much be listening to their whole new album, ‘I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it’, ahead of their gig in Dublin on the 24th of March. If I was to pick two standout tracks however, they would be ‘Somebody Else’, and ‘The Sound’.
- Year & Years: Desire ft. Tove Lo. Years & Years did a remix of their already brilliant song with Tove Lo and it’s been stuck in my head since hearing it. If you haven’t seen the video it’s worth a watch too.
- The Japanese House: Still. The Japanese House have a very distinct sound, and a very chilled vibe. If you want to feel nostalgic give her a listen. I have listened to The Japanese House constantly since I discovered her last year, and I have to say she’s quickly becoming one of my favourite artists.
- Snow Ghosts: The Hunted. I finally figured out the name of this song after hearing it in the X-Men: Apocalyse trailer. It’s hauntingly beautiful, and well worth a listen.
- Halsey: Colors. Probably one of my favorite Halsey songs and I haven’t stopped playing it since the release of her video.
- Jack Garratt: Worry. Up and coming talented artist, he’s definitely one to watch this year.
- WSTRN ft. Wretch 32, Chip, &Geko: IN2 Remix. Not usually a huge fan of remixes but this remix is even better and catchier than the original.
- Foxes: Body Talk. Haven’t been able to get this catchy pop song out of my head since Foxes’ recent gig in Whelans, last month.
Listen to all these songs on Spotify.